Sunday, December 10, 2006

The AQS Online Quilt Competion





Merry Christmas and Happy New Year I can't believe it is gone, a whole year! Where does the time go these days. Its true what they say about the older you get the faster it goes! I turned the big 50 this year! Did anyone notice I didn't post any pictures of parties etc. There were none, no hupla, no celebration, jsut a family dinner, I was trying to sneak into the 50's hoping no one would notice. You know I have heard that the 50's are the new 30's, we will see how hard 60 hits when you have told yourself your 30 for prior10 years .


I just wanted to share that my quilt "Crepe Paper Poppies" won 4th place or honorable mention in the online quilt show. I was so excited I just had to share. I received lots of goodies as part of the winning, and the quilt will go to Paducah to hang in their big quilt show. It is such and honor. Here is the link to see all the winners;



I have been working on a memory quilt for our dear friends who went to Africa to celebrate their 2o something anniversary and rededicated their vows on the African plain, their pictures were incredible so I snatched them. Well she let me copy her CD because I told her I wanted to paint all the animals, which I do, but I took some of the pictures and transfered them to fabric for this wall hanging I hope to have done for Christmas. I should be able to post some pictures in a few days.



Have a wonderful Christmas I am looking forward to the New Year and the creative journey I will be starting for this next year.

No comments: