Thursday, June 29, 2006

Finally Finished


It has been so long since I wrote on this blog, I seem to update my other one more regularly since I draw faster than I quilt. As you know I have been working on another quilt, well I finally finished it. I am not as happy with it as I was with my last one but thats ok. I had a goal this year and I made it. So I am very pleased with myself. I will share my goal later if the quilt is accepted. I first painted all the fabric and then fussy cut all the flowers. It is about 80"x49" so its bigger than the last art quilt I did which made it harder to quilt. I spend days in my sewing room "manhandling" that quilt to get it quilted with my sewing machine. I can't tell you how much my arms ached from trying to keep it rolled up and manuver it through that little hole! I like smaller quilts! Anyway here it is, comments are always welcome.

3 comments:

Karoda said...

Its stunning work seeing it here, it can only be moreso seeing it in person!

Cathy said...

This is gorgeous. Can you tell that I also love poppies?

Micki said...

Another beautiful quilt. I love poppies even though I don't have much luck at growing them. LOL!