Friday, June 30, 2006

Quilt show update


Well, today I got an email notification that my art Quilt "Transformation" got accepted into the AQS Quilt Expo in Nashville, TN. I am very excited since I had wanted to enter it into their Pacuca show and it didn't qualify because it was 1 1/2 inches too small. But for some reason this show has different size requirements. I tell you, if anyone is entering quilt shows make sure you read and reread all the instructions on entering. I think they are all so confusing since the rules change for each show, even within the same organization. I am excited to have two quilts to be able to have to show this year, my first year of showing. I had another quilt but pulled it after it went to Road and didn't do anything there or at Pacific International. It is a black and white quilt and I think that they just can't compete against all the color. It makes me excited to start something new even though my shoulders still ache from that quilting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's a gorgeous quilt. Your painting is lovely.

Anonymous said...

love this piece. Been poking around and it's far from the only one, but the graceful, quirky humour of this one really grabbed me (all that AND beautiful).