Friday, July 14, 2006

The Hoffman Challenge


Every year Hoffman fabrics does a challenge and I love to enter challenges. I don't know why, some sickness that probably stems from some unresolved childhood issue but anyway. I entered last year and my quilt didn't win but traveled for a year. I didn't realize it would be traveling and didn't even have a picture of it before it left. Someone emailed me a picture of it at some show so I do have one now. I will be getting it back soon and decided to do it again. I am a glutton for punishment I guess. I took pictures this time too, I quickly came up with this quilt, didn't spend too much time over analyzing it. It is about 23"x23"and I am happy enough to send it next week to them. The flowers are three deminsional and the pedal pop off the quilt, I hand painted the toucans face an did freemotion embroidery for the feathers in the wing and tail. I sewed beads in the middle of each flower for the stamin. The challenge is due by the 28th of July. I would love to know what you all think of this one! I still haven't named it and I would love some suggestions.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I love the way you used the wavy multicolored edge to frame this and also the toucan.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!

Micki said...

This is another wonderful quilt.

Sarah said...

That's a Splendid Tucan!