Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I was asked a great question

I was asked to share how quilting helped in the healing from difficulties, trauma or special challenges we face. I was surprised when I wrote it all down how strongly I felt about it. Although it wasn't the biggest thing, since I would have to say my faith is the only reason I survived, it really plays a big part in who I am today.

I did respond but would like to not share it yet, I want to hear from others. I think that is is an amazing question, in the sense that it made me more aware of how important my creativity is to my health. To me being me. So I would love to hear your story, I am going to ding some people I hope you foward this on and I will post the responses or links on my blog.

Desiree

1 comment:

Jane LaFazio said...

Oh, I could go on and on about how creativity helped me cope with my husband's brain injury in 1992. It not only saved my life, but led me to a new creative life, I was meant to live. Quilting and painting take us into our right brain, where decisions about paint or thread color matter, and it's almost a meditative state. When we're terribly stressed, I think it's our left brain that is asking all those hard questions and worrying and trying to cope. The right brain is a calming, yet productive state.
I look forward to reading what you wrote...
xo
Jane