Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Pirate Quilt



Many of you know I have been working on a pirate quilt for my grandsons first birthday. Well that special day was yesterday and although the quilt was not completed it was far enough along I got to present it to him and then quickly took it back to finish. I am posting some early pictures of the quilt, before I had it assembled or even completely layed out. As soon as I am done with it I will post final pictures. Some of the quilt stores that carry my other quilts want to see the pattern when its finished, so I need to get that all put together and packaged also. Let me know what you think. I ended up painting some of the elements and I have changed some of them since this picture. I think he will enjoy it and I think I managed to keep it happy verses dark and too old.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an AMAZING piece of work and love! He will treasure this forever---and so will his children!

Miriam said...

this quilt is super, i love it!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt!! I have been looking for inspiration, I would like to make a pirate themed quilt for my 2 year old son, to go with his pirate themed bed room..this is by far the best I have seen, great work!!

Homemade by Margy said...

The quilt is amazing, I want to make something like that for my son, but I first will have to collect some fabrics, great job.

Homemade by Margy said...

The quilt is amazing, I want to make something like that for my son, but I first will have to collect some fabrics, great job.