Friday, December 02, 2005

Road to California


I just received notification that "Midnight Moves" was excepted into the Road to California Quilt show. I am thrilled and so excited to be a part of the whole show this year. It was also excepted into PIQS but didn't do anything. In this picture (which I hate) the blue ribbon was the award from my quilt guild for the most original design. I think its very hard for a black and white quilt to compete against color. My girlfriends spiral lone star quilt was also excepted. We are never in the same catagory when we submit quilts for shows. I am hoping to complete my newest quilt to submit to Paduca by Jan. but that is going to be really tight. The holiday's have a way of sidetracking my production. I need to paint some more fabric for the darks in the quilt. I can't seem to get it dark enough, by the time it dries it has lightened up to much. Today it is supposed to rain so I will wait for a warmer day to start painting. Sunday I have a big Christmas party for a bunch of friends and so I will be tied up until next week now for sure. I love having family down for the holidays and I really love having my mom, but I feel so guilty trying to sew with her here, so I usually don't. I think next week I will have to just get in there and start to sew regardless.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats! Wish I could see it in person :)

Elle said...

Congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to the AQ ring!