Sunday, December 11, 2005

Survivor Finale

Wow, I never would have guessed it. Danni won it all. You know we love survivor and have survivor Thursdays every week. Well tonight being the finale we had a big dinner celebration before we settled in to watch the 2 hour show. Once the merge happened in the show we started to vote each week on who we thought would make it to the final two. Each week we wrote down our votes and put them in the Survivor gourd until tonight. Tonight we tallied the votes and waited to see who had won. In our group we had 80$ in the pot and Randy and Jennifer ended up splitting it. Wow what fun, we are already talking about next time and what we are going to do to sweeten the pot, how we are going to vote and what we are going to serve that final night for dinner.

I have been working hard on my newest quilt and have reached an impass. I think for me, the hardest part is the backgrounds on these quilts. Its all about the value and I want it to be perfect. I would love to hear from my fellow artist about how you go about selecting your background fabric and if you have the same problem. I find that it is also the thing I struggle with the most in my paintings. I bought the most beautiful piece of fabric for it and so far I am going to use it but.... I still wonder would something else be better. Should I go light and let the subject be darker or should I use deep, dark colors for the background and let the subject be light and pop off of it. OHHHH decisions, decisions. Tomorrow is another day and I will look at it again in the morning with fresh eyes . I would love to read about what you go through and your thoughts when you are selecting and deciding on backgrounds.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

A survivor party! Wow. My friend Kay phone long distance and talk about personal stuff during commercials and the show contestants during. Drives my husband insane.

Backgrounds. My most successful ones have been collages of all the fabrics I thought should be backgrounds. I cut one in thirds and insert #2. Then cut again (E-W or N-S) and insert #3. Then cut again and insert #4. You picked them so they look good so don't even think during the process. When finished, press and maybe starch the piece and use it. Really adds depth to the piece.