Thursday, January 05, 2006

Its DONE!


I can't believe its been so long since I had a chance to write in my blog!! But I have been so busy, I finally finished my newest art quilt. I think it turned out good, my quilting skills still need some major work but I am going to submit to as many shows as I can and see what kind of response I get with it. I worked so hard to get it done in time to submit to Paducah and when it came time to fill out the form I noticed that I was 1" to short and so I didn't meet the length requirment and couldn't submit it. AHHHHH I couldn't believe it, after all of that. Working every minute over the holidays with my family here from out of town. OK, I'm over it, maybe Paducah isn't all that anyway. I would love to hear some comments on it so if you have the time PLEASE email me.

12 comments:

jenclair said...

This piece is absolutely delightful! Charming, quirky, and beautifully done. I'm so sorry it didn't meet the length requirements for Paducah, but good luck on entering it in other shows. It's a winner in my book.

Karoda said...

I will only echo Jenclair's words...its a beautiful quilt and I would be proud as punch to have made it! Maybe its destiny is elsewhere, other than Paducah.

Jen said...

Lovely quilt, a new look at "birds" of paradise. Is it dye painted or ink or? Jen

Unknown said...

This quilt is fabulous! I love how you incorporated the actual birds into the flowers. I've seen lots of BofP pictures, paintings, etc., since I live in Hawaii, but this is truly unique. Good luck with the shows!

Deb Lacativa said...

This is really wonderful. Subtle, humerous, beautiful draftmanship, delicious color. A winner to be proud of.

Deborah Boschert said...

I love it! Great job. I'm eager to hear more about how you did it.

By the way, I tagged you for a meme. Just check out my blog, copy the questions and post your own answers. Fun!

Joanne S said...

Beautiful. The Mancuso show in New Jersey has a deadline of January 25th- and they are doing a special juried section called "Garden Quilts" I got two in last year and am trying to get one done for this year.

Claire said...

Its georgous! Took me a few seconds to work out the trick. I too wouldl love some words on how you put the piece together and how you came up with the idea.
cheers
Claire

Diane Perin said...

This is beautiful! Well worth the hard work! I'm sure it will be accepted in lots of places.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! Funny and well interpreted with glorious use of salt techniques in getting the colours you wanted. A quilt to be PROUD of!

Elle said...

WOW!! Very nice! I love the colors.

Micki said...

Wow! This is so amazing. I love the background colors. And your quilting is wonderful. Too bad about Paducah, but I am sure you'll find others to submit to.