Saturday, January 28, 2006

Mid Atlantic

I have been so busy and unable to post lately but today I received my acceptance letter to the Mid-Atlantic show and I am very excited. If I am accepted into the Celebrate spring I am going to have to choose the show to enter, wow, I never thought that would happen. I should be notified by them if accepted, Feb. 1 so we'll see. I would love to go to PA and see the show but I think that it would be a bit tough with Jenn, so I will admire from afar. I went to road and saw my little quilt hanging and was amazed it even got in with the quality of quilts that I saw there. It is interesting though, that some of the quilts I saw at Pacific International I was amazed that they didn't win anything but at Road they won big, and others that won at PIQS didn't even place at road, so that goes to show you don't quit sending your quilts. Who knows what the next set of judges will be looking for.

I am excited to get started on my next quilt. I have decided to make it quite large, so that will be interesting since my studio is not that big and I have a few UFO's stuck to my design wall I will have to remove just to work. That might be a good thing, since I am frustrated with them anyway. Maybe I will just put them away until after and then take them back out and look at them with fresh eyes. That always works with my paintings too.

I was painting a dragon today for a little 6 yr old boys room, didn't want to make it too scarey so I am giving him a bit of a smirk on his face. I will post a picture later.

2 comments:

Elle said...

Congrats about MAQF! I am going there on the 25 so I'm looking forward to seeing it in person!

Anonymous said...

Congrats about MAQF. I'll be there so I'm going to keep my eyes open.