Monday, February 06, 2006

Oh my gosh!

Ok so I decided that I would send "Transformation" to Mid-Atlantic since I hadn't heard anything from "Celebrate Spring". So of Friday I shipped my quilt and Saturday guess what I received in the mail. A notification from the International Quilt Show that they had selected it to be hung at the Chicago international quilt show and that it was selected as one of only 53 finalist! Oh my gosh! I say it over and over as I walk the house in a daze. How did I get myself into such a mess. I guess I need to really be careful which and when I enter shows, I just never would of thought it would of been excepted to both. I don't know which show is better or anything since I have never gone to either one since they are so far from me. I think someone told me that the IQA was a harder show to win at but I have never won anything anyway. I am so sad, someone then suggested I make another, right, just hand paint some more fabric and sew it up by next week. AAAGGGHHH! I feel so stupid, like such an amateur, this is the part that I guess you learn from experience. I feel so bad, I sent them an email today, appologizing for not being able to send the quilt. I didn't know what else to do. I would be interested in hearing from people who have gone to both the Chicago show and Mid-Atlantic and hearing about the differences and both good and bad of both, what your thoughts are etc, whether you have shown there or not, just the feel of the shows. AAAGGGHHH.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Wow! I wouldn't know what to do! Which one has the bigger cachet bragging rights-wise?