Tuesday, February 28, 2006

On to something new

Well, its time to start something new. I have so many ideas in my head that I am throwing around. I wish I could make quilts faster so I could get some of these ideas from my imagination into fabric. I have a wonderful friend, who went to Africa for their anniversary the end of last year. They redid their vows on the African plain, she held wild flowers and the sun was setting. It was really lovely, and the pictures were fantastic. I am in the process of making her and her hubby a memory quilt. I am not using a pattern, I am just designing it as I go. I edited many of the photos she took and printed them on fabric. I also want to add some other elements such as, embroidered lettering, and leaves, I want to put some open areas for her to journal right on the quilt. Some of the pictures are so wonderful I am going to paint them too. The animals, the way they were able to capture a moment and a feeling was amazing. I will share some of the photos and my progress as I limp through designing the quilt.

1 comment:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Hi D
I answered your questions about encaustics on my blog. Your African quilt is going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see it.