Monday, November 07, 2005

Dinner


Just a few words about our dinner, wow, how romantic. We went to the The Mission Inn which is very close to us, it was so perfect. We sat outside in the court yard by the fountain and had dinner.

They are getting all ready and decorated for the "The festival of Lights" they have starting the day after Thanksgiving. Its all about the Holiday's. I love to take the grandkids and sit on the curb and listen to the singers. They have period singers all dressed and singing our favorite Christmas carols, the Riverside Philharmonic orchestra is there playing, everyone dressed to the nines. They make a big production before turning on the lights that light up all of the Mission and the mechanical dolls that are everywhere.

Anyway back to my dinner. As we sat, just enjoying each other he pulled out a small box, again, seems every five years I get one of these! I opened it to find a beautiful tanzanite and diamond ring he had made for me. He had the jewelers bring in stones from New York to look at and selected the finest 4.26 karat tanzanite to have mounted with diamonds. I loved the tanzanite after our cruise to Alaska and I saw all the stones up there and learned that the mines were almost depleted and it was becoming rarer. Wow, what a guy! We spent time talking about the story behind the ring, and I decided that I was going to type up each story that went with each ring. This way, when the ring gets handed down to one of our girls and then to one of their girls it will travel with the love story behind it. Its more than the value of the ring, its the story behind the ring that I love so much. I think I will hang on to him for another 25!

No comments: