Saturday, November 12, 2005

Garage Sale Day!

Well today was the long awaited garage sale. I was supposed to have been preparing for it these last weeks but I waited until the night before (its those procrastinating genes). I was up early and had almost everything out by 6:00 am. The rush started shortly after 7 and it was practically over at noon. I remember back when a garage sale meant a 2 day commitment and I mean two full days. For me, it started slow, I was selling mostly large pieces of furniture and I didn't have a ton of nick nacky type things. My neighbor was selling lots of toys and small stuff, and clothes and they always had a large crowd to my one or two people. I was starting to think she was giving away homemade cookies or something to keep everyone over there. But by about 8:30 I started to get more people and by the end of the day I had sold a lot of my bigger pieces to my husbands utter delight. Our dream is to someday using our garage for a car instead of having a 3 car attached storage bin!

No comments: