Thursday, November 10, 2005

My newest quilt


I am working on, and have been working on, this quilt for a about a month. I haven't gotten too far due to the tear up in the house, but now that I am all back together and organized I should be sewing. I have hand painted all the fabric so far ( I will be removing the darkest leaf, I did not paint that fabric and do not like it with the other fabrics). I am painting some of the birds to look like storks and I am quilting some of the leaves seperately so they will have texture and stand out more on the piece when its done. Its a Velda Newman thing. I hope the weather gets colder and rains. I need a reason to have to stay indoors and work on it, with the sun shining I want to be outside. I have gotten most of my little annual flowers planted and we have been trimming the palm trees of their bloom pods. Wow is that a nasty job. They are really quite messy and heavy. My poor little plants underneath them get walloped pretty good as they fall. Since the weather is good here all year, except for the hot summers, we can plant flowers all year and gardens. Its really nice to have the color while the trees stand naked all winter. The palm trees won't, obviously, but most of the other trees do go deciduous during the winter. We have quite a collection of birds that visit our fountain all summer to get drinks, they actually stand on the ball and drink from the water pouring out of the hole at the top(you can see part of it on the left, this is our courtyard in the front). The other day I caught a hummingbird taking a bath in the bubbling stream.

1 comment:

Elle said...

I am looking forward to the progress of the new quilt! It looks like a painting.