Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Life Happens



Well yesterday was quite interesting, I thought I was going to get a few days to sew uninterrupted but late yesterday I was informed I had to vacate my house due to the toxic nature of the floor sealer. We had to quickly pack up and find a hotel. Man, was that fun! Since I take care of my daughter that is in a wheelchair nothing about leaving the house is easy. I grabbed as much as I could think to and had to call all the women from the bible study that meets at my house and tell them that it wasn't going to be here tonight. I wish I had gotten some advanced notice, I might have liked to stay closer to the beach! I just got home and opened up the house to try and air it out, PU. Stinky stuff that sealer. The smells that have been permeating my home can not be good for us anyway so I enjoyed the night away. I always worry about Jennifers lungs since the accident and all the fibrosis, smells and smoke etc make it very difficult for her to breathe.

I wanted to share some of the things we put together in Melody's class on Sunday. What fun, and such fun colors. Happy colors. I love brights, they just make you smile. My small quilt I made is turning out great. I am quilting it right now, practicing my freemotion on it. It is a great size for that, I did take some pictures but they turned out blurry so I am not going to post them just yet. I hate it that I can't figure out how to take a digital photo with this camera without it being blurry. Its new so I am still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. I thought I had all the special features figured out but I guess not. It is so frustrating when you think you have taken a good picture but when I get it big enough to see its blurry. Part of the reason is that when I am taking the photo I am not wearing my glasses so everything looks blurry but I assume its not! I am still in glasses denial. I really only need them to read and now take photos, and sew, see the words on the remote, prescription bottles, I guess any labels really. OH, POOH, never mind, I see great driving! So the joke is that my husband sees great close up, he is near sighted, and I am far sighted. So he tells me how many pills to take and I let him know when he turns wrong and ends up on a one way street. We make a great pair of somethings! We are both in denial about the getting old stuff!

No comments: