Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Pacific International

I haven't started to show any of my quilts in big shows yet. I really don't feel qualified to be in those shows with all the really excellent quilters out there. I am still finding my way and learning better machine quilting skills. Quilting is as important as the quilt itself, I would like to be able to do both, I hate the thought of someone else quilting my original artquilt. Anyway, our guild had a black and white challenge. The rules were that we had to use their selected fabric in the main body of the quilt and we could only add 10% color. I designed a quilt around these big chess pieces I have because I loved the way the light reflected off of them. I ended up winning for most original design and felt brave one day and entered it in the PIQS. I got a letter that it was accepted to be judged. WOW! I am really excited, just to be excepted. I don't think it will win but it will be hanging there. I talked me girlfriend Cathy into flying up with me to see it and visit the quilt shops that are going to be at the show as vendors and are carrying my patterns. I am really excited, a weekend away! I don't get those very often since I am the caregiver for my daughter, but my husband is doing the duty so I can take a few days and just be consumed with quilting stuff. Besides the fact that he is probably relieved he doesn't have to be dragged around for two days and hear nothing but fabric and quilting talk. I wish I would have gotten into a class or something while we were there. Oh well, we leave on the Saturday after next. I will say that being excepted made me all excited about finishing some of my other misc projects on my design wall.

No comments: