Monday, October 24, 2005


The weather is starting to turn chilly, yes, even here in Southern California. This morning, as were the last few, was foggy and cold. It was one of those mornings when you would love to just stay in bed, with a fire, and watch a good movie. Jennifer did manage to do just that, along with our cat, Skittles, minus the fire. Its not that cold yet. I had a very busy day that started at the crack of dawn, although we don't know exactly when that was thanks to the fog. By 7:30 the workman started to arrive to rip out my beautiful wood floor in the familyroom and kitchen. It has been a two year fight with the builder and flooring company but I finally got my floor replaced. It has been a huge undertaking, Friday the "POD" arrived and was delivered to the backyard so the movers had a place to put all of my new and antique furniture while they do the tear out and replacement flooring. I must say, after all was said and done, everyone today did a great job. The floor is out and they put plastic over everything to protect it and did a good job of cleaning up all the mold! It will be nice to get the new floor in before the holiday decorating begins! I can't wait for that too! Well, since I didn't want to be in the way too much and since my husband did end up staying home to oversee the tearout I was forced to find something to do elsewhere in the house. HMMM..... what should I do, clean out my closet???? Nah, Laundry????...mmm Nope. Guess I have to sew!! Yeah, any excuse. And since I had just returned from a class on Sunday with Melody Johnson I had this cute little quilt I wanted to finish and practice freemotion quilting on! What fun. I will update tomorrow with some pictures. I ended up buying too much yummy fabric from her though, but she was so happy to sell it to me! It was a fun day, and I got to sit next to Paula Reid, Alex Andersons quilter, plus she teaches her own classes too. That was fun, and we hit it off great. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

bloggrez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.