Friday, October 28, 2005

Survivor, pringles and martini's

Its funny how the simplest things are the best. We do a Survivor night every Thursday night at our house. My husband gets "El Polo Loco" and my girlfriend comes over with her daughter and we all curl up on the sofa to watch Survivor. My girlfriend, Linda, brings over pringles (the official sponsor of Survivor) and my husband makes us apple martini's, or cosmopolitan or Island blue, he surprises us. What a treat for us girls! Its so funny, because neither of us drink, so our martini's are rather light on vodka but sooooo good. We have been doing it so long that we just hate it when the show takes its break and we have months of no plotting and alliance discussions. We all love to get into the the head games they play and we all share our opinions of who should be voted out, or who we are loving to hate this week! Last night, since my familyroom is all torn up we all piled onto my bed and watch it. I wore the official buff from one of the other seasons as we giggled and tried to figure out who was going home this week. We are getting really good at guessing who is leaving and why they are keeping the ones that are the most obnoxious. It's all in the game. This season everyone has noticed how testy and almost mean Jeff (the host) has become. I think it is because he is dating Julie from the last seasons show and really doesn't want to be gone on assignment to some remote island without her. The show already cost him his first marriage so I am sure he is nervous about trying to keep this one going.
On the last show of the first season my sons family had a huge dinner and all of us over to find out how won the million dollars. My grandkids helped plan the menu and my grandson actually made the desert, chocolate pudding with gummy worms! So appropriate, wouldn't you say! So if Thursday night rolls around and your thinking that there is nothing to do, just think of all of us, curled up, drinking martini's, eating pringles and enjoying the heck out of each other. You might just start your own Survivor Party!

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Nice blog, have you heard about the new walmart movie that documents the high cost to low price? Check out the sample clip on my blog www.thoughtsoft.blogspot.com, or go to walmartmovie.org
Thanks